Saturday, June 04, 2005

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BRAIN?

In order to write this I needed to start a file with just a title at a time that I had it in my mind but not enough time to start writing it otherwise I wouldn't even remember to write it. If that first sentence doesn't make sense to you, don't worry it doesn't really make sense to me and at this point I don't know if it should make sense to me! My brain is no longer functioning in the same way it did 13 years ago. I can only remember that things have been...different...for that long because that was when I was pregnant for the first time. I clearly remember (the fact that a memory from that long ago is clear is a miracle in itself!) saying to myself, once I have the baby, then my mind will get back to normal. Its been a downhill slide ever since.

I like to mask my anxiety with laughter, but in reality, I'm very disturbed by my declining cognitive function. I have found myself doing such idiotic things. I know you want to hear about some of those idiotic things because I absolutely love to hear about other people's "brain farts". That's what my friend likes to call them. When I hear that other people my age are suffering from a similar mental decline I take comfort in hearing their stories. Are my brain farts louder than theirs? Maybe theirs are more stinky! I willingly admit that I analyze these things in a pathetic attempt at making myself feel better. Sorry guys, your dementia is my ego boost. I know someone, lets call her Diana, who put 12 eggs in some brownies she was baking. My only reaction was that maybe, just maybe I haven't done anything that bad yet. Of course, I probably have and just am so far gone that I didn't even realize it. For all I know my husband's high cholesterol is a result of my own egg faux paus.

I've got to stop writing for now because my mind is starting to go blank. Yes, I'm serious...

1 comment:

Misty said...

isn't it horrible? there are some of the dumbest things that i remember.....for instance, many of my friends will call me to check THEIR schedules because i seem to remember that really well..... which is a dumb thing to have a mind for....
but sometimes i forget when my daughter is grounded, i forget what i am doing or why i am doing, i forget why i am calling someone as the phone is ringing.... get to the store and have no clue why i am there.
forget my age all of the time...
i could go on, but i only wanted you to have a small ego boost this morning- no need to start your week off with a big head.