Monday, June 27, 2005

DO YOU LIKE YOURSELF?

Recently I asked my kids some questions at a time when I was alone with each of them.

My first question was, "Do you like yourself?"
Each of them answered yes without hesitation.

My second question was, "What things about yourself make you like yourself?"
Thomas answered "because I am a good person".
Erin answered "that I'm nice, Erica thinks I'm funny, but I know I'm not funny".
Sarah answered "how I am with other people, I'm nice to them and because I'm smart".

Then I asked if they thought that I liked them.
They all answered yes.

Then I asked what things did they think made me like them.
Thomas answered "that I'm a good person, is that what you want me to say?" I told him that I didn't want him to say anything except what he really thought.
Erin answered "that I'm good and nice to people".
Sarah answered "that I'm me".

Finally I asked what they thought other people liked about them.
Thomas answered "hmmm, these are hard questions, I'm going to have to think about that".
Erin answered "that I'm a good friend".
Sarah answered "the same things that I like about me".

No comments: