Wednesday, June 08, 2005

GEESH, I DON'T NEED THIS

I got home tonight from my daughters singing concert at 8:30 pm. She stepped on this mutilated piece of plastic and after a moment I figured out what it was. It was a dog chewed plastic ant hotel. You know the kind with POISON in them! Geesh! My head hurts. He seems to be alert and breathing fine, the dog I mean. It doesn't look like he could have gotten much poison. And this late, there isn't anyplace I can go or call anyway. With my luck, he'll probably just get some digestive problems. Did I mention my head hurts? His name is Beau, and sometimes we like to call him Bozo or would that be Beau-zo? Like now. Like when he gets sprayed by a skunk. Like when he does all those other stupid things dogs like to do. My head hurts...

5 comments:

Misty said...

oh no..... is he still ok???
and what about your head?

hang in there!

Elise said...

Beau is doing fine. He didn't even get sick a bit. My head is now doing fine also. This is that time of year that everything gets busy. My kids schools are nice in that they have a lot of fun activities for the kids, but I try to volunteer for a lot of things and it gets a little crazy. I'm usually one who keeps things very simple but everything seems to come at once. I try to do just enough to not get that headache...but sometimes there's one too many things. The last day of school is next wednesday. We're all counting the days! Yesterday that "one too many" thing had to do with my daughters teacher and the Beau thing was two too many things! LOL

Kelly said...

Oh dear. So sorry. I once had a dog who ate an entire can of Crisco. Including the can. He also ate most of a bag of medium grade steel wool.

Fun times.

Anonymous said...

Phew! I am glad the dog is okay. Our cat ate part of a peace lily which is apparently poisonous to cats. He threw up but survived. Pets are truly like children!

Elise said...

My friend once had a cat that ate a thread, but it got hooked under its tongue and the other end was coming out its butt!! She had to bring it to the vet and they were the ones that figured out what happened!