Wednesday, May 04, 2005

ROSIE, SHE'S JUST A PERSON

I found Rosie O'Donnell's blog and have been reading through it. Yes, I will admit that she has some okay posts but what really struck me as interesting was the hundreds of positive comments!! She seems to have tons of "stranger friends", as she calls them, while I'm just left with STRANGE friends! How could this many people LOVE Rosie O'Donnell? Why don't I have that many people loving me? Maybe I have sour grapes because I have only three comments on my blog...one of which is MY response to the one person who actually commented. The last comment doesn't count because it was "anonymously" written by my husband. The give away was how he wrote that I must have a wonderful family and husband!! LOL! By the way, since he seems to be the only one reading my blog I just have to mention - he IS wonderful!!

Anyway, back to Rosie. It struck me how easy it is for people to love her and pretend that she is their friend. Much easier than say, a REAL friend who can be annoying at times. It would be nice if those people who love Rosie could love the real people in there life as much. I betcha Rosie can be VERY annoying.....in real life. A blog my friends, is not real life.

I have to point out here that many people who comment on Rosie's blog say how "real" she is in her posts. Real people slurp when they eat, real people say nasty hurtful things to you that they don't really mean, real people say nasty hurtful things to you that they do mean, real people sometimes smell bad, real people make mistakes that they are sorry for, real people make mistakes that they DON'T say sorry for, in general real people can be annoying! The challenge is to love them anyways. Do you? When a friend does something that bothers you, do you forgive them? I know way too many people who hold grudges, sometimes for years.

If you met Rosie O'Donnell would you forgive her if she said something nasty to you? What would you do if she had B.O? What if she had food spraying out of her mouth because she talks and eats at the same time? I know people like this and I still talk to them, I just keep my distance when they are eating. Chances are, in the real world Rosie O'Donnell is just as annoying as the rest of us but some how she has tons of "stranger friends".

I would not change places with Rosie....ever. I would feel too much pressure having all those people love me. What if I smelled? What if I was in a bad mood and said something mean? What if I said something stupid? I'm well known for accidently saying the WRONG thing, like above, when I said my friends are strange, my friends know I mean that in the best way! Yes folks, I may be able to count my friends using just the fingers on my two hands, but I like it that way. The few friends that I have accept me for who I am. They know me face to face, smell to smell, stupid comment to stupid comment and they still keep coming back for more. There is a possibility that they are just masochistic and love to torture themselves but somehow I believe that they actually like me even with all my irritating characteristics.

That's the wonderful thing about the real world, even though we get on each other's nerves, the real world is where you get real love, real hugs, real happiness and REAL friends.

1 comment:

Misty said...

i do not mind you reading my blog at all :) i am glad you stop by, its nice. i do read yours as well... i got all intrigued about Rosie's blog myself so i found it and read a bit of it. it is interesting.
its funny how many people will go crazy over a blog belonging to a celebrity. i have a link to Zach Braffs blog on mine, i love to read it but i don't comment. its interesting though how deluded we people can be......
i do read your blog, i just don't always get to comment. my day gets a little crazy :)