Thursday, May 12, 2005

NOT EVERYTHING IS FUNNY

I have wanted my blog to mostly be funny but I don't want to give the impression that I think that everything is funny. I do have a serious side, one that cringes, one that cries. Here are some of the things that I think are not at all funny.

Female circumcision.
Hitler. Millions of people being tortured, starved to death, killed by his regime.
Child molesters.
Women in so many parts of the world being ill treated in so many ways, just because they are women.
Watching the collapse of the World Trade Center on my television.
Realizing that some people are capable of horrible, evil acts.

I hear many sad tales from people in my everyday life but that's not what I'm talking about. The things I have just written are not in the same category as the everyday sad. These things make me feel physically ill. I'm not sure why I've decided to write about them today, but I will say that I think about them often. How lucky I feel that I have the life that I do, and that my children have the life that they do. We are so lucky. I often whine of all the problems that I have, how fortunate that I have the right and voice to whine as much and as loud as I like! For everyone that has had to listen to me, I do know how minute my problems are. I do think of those things I've written above. I will continue to use my rights by whining, it serves a purpose. The purpose being that by exercising our freedoms we will keep them in shape. BUT, I am aware how lucky we all are, VERY aware.

1 comment:

Misty said...

here here! we need to all remember those horrible things that deeply affect us. it keeps us grounded!