Friday, May 27, 2005

JUST HANGING OUT

What ever happened to just hanging out? Does anyone do that anymore? I really miss just going to a friend's house to hang out and talk. Am I the only lazy person in the world?!! What is everyone doing? I imagine a mini whirlpool around all these people and when I get too close, I get sucked in. I've tried to jump in and swim in the opposite direction in a futile attempt at slowing the flow down but end up having to grab a branch and drag myself out again. People try to be kind and say I live a "simple" life, but really, I'm just a bum who would rather be sitting on a porch drinking lemonade than working. Don't get me wrong, work has its place, it needs to be done, but I just wish people weren't so enthusiastic about it!

This do-as-little-as-possible attitude has been my personal philosophy for quite a bit of my life, actually, ALL my life. This was no problem in highschool and college because students KNOW how to shirk responsibility! I had plenty of other procrastinators to hang with. Hopefully, in this day and age things aren't changing. Are students getting more responsible? And actually being concientious?!! It makes me shudder to even think of the possibility!

I just want all you people who like to get something accomplished to realize that you are really cramping my style. You've limited my choices in who I can hang with! Sometimes I've even resorted to being lazy all by myself! It's a crying shame!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you 100%!! I love to just hang out, on our porch, in our hammock, at a friends' house. We minimize our commitments to be sure we have plenty of down time. We do the same for our kids, they've always had lots of free unstructured time. I can't understand people who schedule their kids 24/7, seems like they're missing the most important parts of childhood. And adulthood for that matter!

Misty said...

iecho that completely, i miss it alot.