Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


Well, I never really make New Year's resolutions because I am always trying to become a better person. Sometimes I fail and sometimes I am successful so I don't like to pressure myself by announcing an official resolution. I do like to reflect on the past year and then wonder what the new year will bring. We started a new tradition this year of writing predictions for the new year in a journal that we will bring out next New Year's eve. Erin made a prediction that we will lose the journal - too funny! Also in the journal we put down the kids current heights and weights and then they predicted what they would be next year. We took a picture of the kids and taped that in there too. I really hope we don't lose it! We also wrote down a few of the main events that happened to us in 2006. This is a tradition that was started by a college friend who had New Year's eve parties for quite a few years after we graduated. Those predictions were always fueled by alcohol but the kids and I had plenty of fun sober! Maybe we were feeling just a little bit drunk from that nonalcoholic sparkling grape juice!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Notice in the picture the kids are in front of the tower and ball that Thomas built out of kinex. With the help of a little motor, the ball dropped here in Pennsylvania at midnight as well as in Times Square! It was perfectly synchronized!

1 comment:

landismom said...

Happy New Year! That is a pretty cool structure that he built.