Sunday, November 06, 2005

SOMEBODY LOVES ME

I just had a relative come to visit me and while she was here she asked me if I realized that my son Thomas always wants to be close to me (sitting next to me). I told her that I did realized it but later I began wondering why she had pointed that out. I began to think that maybe she was trying to tell me that he was too close to me. As I was wondering, it occurred to me that it doesn't matter what she was thinking because its so wonderful that ALL my kids want to be close to me. My husband also wants to be close to me. They want to be with me because they love me. They literally surround me with love. Such a simple thing that means so much. It hit me just how lucky I am. I have what everyone wants. Love! I often bemoan my less than perfect childhood. The lack of love I felt. All that really doesn't matter because I have four people who love me now. I have everything I need sitting right here beside me.

3 comments:

landismom said...

I know what you mean--last week, my daughter told me, "I wish I could be attached to you permanently!" How much longer is she going to feel that way about me? Not long, I'm sure. But I will always feel that way about her.

Elise said...

Landismom, my son is 13 years old so maybe there is hope that we'll always at least get a hug now and then! That's why I thought maybe my relative was trying to say that maybe he is too old to be wanting to be with me and part way through my wondering I realized that I don't care because he's well adjusted, independent and happy and I just feel lucky for all the love. It just feels great! On a side note, it also felt good to just stop worrying about what someone else thought about me for once!!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Beau!