Tuesday, November 15, 2005

NEW THOUGHTS ON OLD CLOTHES

There's a Levi's commercial where a young man artificially wears out a pair of his jeans to give to his girlfriend as a momento so she can keep them to remind her of him. Then, as he is heading off on a bus into the wild blue yonder he takes off a pair of baggy sweatpants and low and behold, underneath are his REAL pair of worn out Levi's. I can really relate to this guy because it occurred to me the other day that I seem to have a fettish for old clothes. Unlike this guy, however, I do not look "cool" in my worn out clothes, I probably just look like a bag lady. I have plenty of decent looking clothes that fit just fine, but I prefer to wear the same worn out overalls. They now have holes in them but I hesitate to buy a new pair. New, yuck. It's not even a comfort thing because I have plenty of comfortable clothes too and I try to wear them, but those grubby old overalls beckon from their spot on top of the dryer. It takes awhile to make a pair of pants old. I have a decent pair of sweatpants that now are looking grubby and have paint on them. I'm almost there on a pair of Chino's. But I really love those overalls! Its a fine line I walk though because I can't stand holes...that's why I need to get rid of the overalls. They have holes and I can't stand them! The material is so thin that I can't patch them....so....I guess.....I'll have to get ......new ones.....AAARRRGH!

1 comment:

landismom said...

I feel the same way about jeans. It's so hard to find jeans that fit decently, that I will hang on to a pair that fits until they are no longer wearable. The other day, I was walking up the stairs in our house, and my dh told me I had a hole in the butt of my favorite pair. Waaaaahhh!