Friday, November 25, 2005

I GOTTA BE ME

One thing I love about my "old age" (41 years old) is that now when I pick up a new hobby its totally because I want to do it. I'm not interested in how I look to other people. Recently I bought a keyboard because I was tired of waiting for myself to buy a piano. I have been teaching myself to play "piano" on the keyboard. Its quite a fun challenge. I love that no where in the back of my mind am I thinking that I will be "cool" because I know how to play piano. I don't need anyone to be impressed by my budding talents. Or if they are unimpressed by my talents I still don't give a hoot. I am just doing this because I like it. Well, I have to admit that I am doing it partly because I'm hoping that there is some truth in the adage, "use it or lose it". By learning something new maybe I can work the two brain cells I still have left. Otherwise, I fear that they too may be gone in the very near future.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I AM good at it....HEE, HEE, HA, HA... I know that wasn't your point but I just had to say it..