Saturday, March 25, 2006

GLASSES?

I've always loved reading but for the past six months I just have not been able to get into a good book. I usually read Stephen King or Dean Koontz but in an attempt to find something I can sink my teeth into I have branched out to John Katzenbach. I'm on a second book by him, but I have to admit that I struggled through the first one. Since I have to say I liked the first book, I looked for other reasons that I might be having trouble reading. I notice that I get very tired and distracted everytime I start to read. I began to think it could possibly be because I was spending a lot of time trying to position the book so I was able to focus. I've known for awhile that reading glasses were in my near future.

Last night after picking Thomas up at track we made a quick side trip to Walmart's pharmacy section. It turned into quite a humorous field trip as I tried on various pairs of glasses. I knew it would be difficult since I've never had to wear glasses and thought I looked weird in most of them. Before I started trying them on, I read the instructions for picking out a pair. I couldn't tell you what they said because although I could read them without any trouble I had no idea what they meant. There was also a chart that told you which glasses to try depending on your age. I decided to just try them on and see how things looked. Once again, I am young for my age because I needed the lightest prescription that was for people under 40 years old!

I know I complain a lot about getting old but really, its not that big of a deal for me. I find the real problem is the change. I've always had 20/20 vision and this idea that I need glasses to read is a big change. I'm happy with myself that I'm not a person that refuses to admit I need glasses. Its just a weird concept.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

hope you find a good book soon!!