Thursday, March 23, 2006

IMPERFECTIONS

I once read that whenever we criticize someone else, we have just set that as a standard that we feel we must hold ourselves to. I find this very interesting. This idea has made me think about how I judge others. If we judge others too harshly, we will then be just as harsh with ourselves. More and more I have come to accept the imperfections in others and also myself. I find it's easier for me to accept other people's flaws. I'm beginning to be able to accept my own. I don't always have to do everything right. I can make mistakes. I can move on. Day to day existence is much easier when you can practice this.

Human beings can get angry, annoyed, grumpy. Human beings can be weak. Human beings can make the wrong choices.

I am a human being.

No comments: