Thursday, March 02, 2006

TAGGED?

I see I've been "tagged with a meme". Now that I think I know what the heck that is....hee hee...I guess I will actually do it.

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they are any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

I tend to like a wide variety of music so it should be a weird list. The last songs I listened to and turned up loud were the Entertainer and the Maple Leaf Rag by Scott Joplin. These are a couple of songs that I can close my eyes to and just enjoy the incredible talent.

Another piano piece that I totally enjoy is Linus and Lucy by Vince Guaraldi - this is that well known Charlie Brown song that Snoopy boogies to. I've always liked Snoopy's coolness and I just love this song. Vince Guaraldi looks a bit geeky on the CD cover, but to me that's the absolute epitome of coolness. Its a tough song to play and he's very talented.

Two songs by Supertramp that I've always enjoyed are The Logical Song and Lord Is It Mine. The Logical Song because its so true that we are expected to grow up and become serious and take responsibility for so many things that we lose that "magical" side of life. Lord Is It Mine because I often need to be by myself and have alone time.

Rodgers and Hammerstein's song Edelweiss from the Sound of Music can bring me to tears. I just find it incredibly sad when the father is singing it at the end of the movie and he is sad because he knows he is being forced to flee his country. Right after that his entire family comes on stage to sing the song with him and this gives him the strength to go on. I think of their hardships everytime I listen to that song.

One of my favorite singers is George Thorogood. I love his deep raspy voice. Although I love many of his songs, one of my favorites is The Sky Is Crying...."...look at the tears roll down the street..." So cool.

I guess I've cheated a little bit because I haven't been listening to much music lately, but promise to listen to all these songs today. Snow Day!!! I don't really know seven people to "tag" myself so guess this will end here.

1 comment:

landismom said...

Thanks for playing! I love those Scott Joplin pieces too.