Sunday, December 18, 2005

SPREADING GOOD CHEER

Since I did such a good job at torturing the orthodontist I decided I would search for another unsuspecting victim. Last monday I found my mark. The poor, innocent service clerk at the grocery store. My christmas cards (photo kind) were supposed to be ready by saturday so surely they would be there monday morning! Afterall, there were signs posted all over the place that said 5 days guaranteed or free. Not here yet. Hmmm. Well, how do I get them for free under the guarantee I asked sweetly. Let me see when they went out she mumbled. They went out tuesday. I informed her that I had dropped them off on monday and even joked with the cashier that she was my witness that I was there before 10:00 am. Well, they went out tuesday. I pointed out that even if that was the case then they should have been in on sunday. We don't get deliveries on sunday. Well, you shouldn't have a sign that says you do. Enter annoying girl from back. After running through all the same info with her she informed me that she couldn't be responsible if there was a snowstorm or traffic and the photo guy didn't show up. There wasn't a snowstorm and traffic, HAH! We live in the middle of no where! She told me that this had nothing to do with the grocery store and the photo company had to deal with it. I asked her what she normally does when someone has a question about the guarantee. She said I was the first person ever to ask about it in the entire history of the store. I hardly think so! So, being treated like an idiot/criminal at the store was not enough punishment for me, I had to call the photo company and whine to them. The wonderful associate Cynthia, helped me solve my problem. The grocery store was to give me my photo cards for free and then take down all the offending guarantee signage! I don't think anyone is super mad at me because I joked when I went back, that the grocery store was thinking of making up a rule that I would only be allowed in the store every five days. They got a kick out of that. I guess saving $30 was worth my hassle. All the more money to spend at the orthodontist!

No comments: