Wednesday, September 13, 2006

HAPPY

Yesterday I told Tom that I felt like I needed to conciously get away from negativity. Some of the negative things I can't run from, like the death of a neighbor's 20 year old son. Very sad. However, I can get away from negativity like neighborhood gossip or dwelling on some of the crazy things my kid's teachers do. Just an example before I stop. Erin's science teacher had a 5 question "notebook" test. "What was the homework assignment on such and such date?" "What was the topic heading on such and such date?". These were the two questions that Erin got wrong and ended up with a 60% on the test. She seems to be able to answer actual science questions fine! She also does all her assignments although apparently she didn't write that particular one down in her notebook. She told me that is because his assignments are sometimes "Remember that the book fair is tonight" or "Get your test signed by your parent". Sort of dumb to write down. She didn't know they would be on her science test.

SEE WHAT I MEAN WITH GETTING STUCK INTO THIS NEGATIVITY!

So instead I will dwell on good things!

Tom got to drive Sarah to ballet yesterday. Conversations with Sarah can always be interesting. Among her comments were "Daddy, will you ever take less pills?" The big joke around here is that when we go on a trip, Tom needs an extra suitcase for all his medications. When he's eating supper he needs to save some room for his pills! Poor Tom, hee hee!

Another thing Sarah made note of is that we are not rich in money but we are rich in good things like happiness! Yeah, Sarah!

Another thing that recently made me smile was Erin's first cross country race. Before the race she kept hoping that she wouldn't come in last, however, she was convinced that she would come in last. The day of the race came and I was there snapping pictures of my kids as well as all the other runners. I had to wait some time before Erin neared the finish line. I cheered her on and snapped a picture as she ran by. Then I didn't see anyone behind her. So, convinced that she was indeed last I walked off to find her and give her a hug. As I was doing this I noticed a few other runners were still coming in. I couldn't believe that I had been convinced she would be last! I ran to get a picture of the last runner on her team.

And Thomas? He just makes me happy puttering along in his own little striped shirt world.

No comments: