Wednesday, July 12, 2006

NOT THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH

We are finally back from all our "vacationing" and let me just say that Disney World is fun but I have to say its not really the "happiest place on earth"! The best thing about vacation can be coming home.

A significant portion of our vacation was spent in traffic, lines or mushed among a crowd of people. Sometimes during this time I would look around and think "do these people enjoy this?" Is it just me who cringes and feels claustraphobic when the crowds get too big. Its very interesting to me to see that city folk seem to thrive in what I consider overpopulation. Although I don't understand the attraction I'm sort of happy that people like to crowd together into tight places.....all the more room for me to spread out!

My idea of entertainment is watching a wild turkey attack a fox to protect her chicks. Surprisingly, the turkey won that battle! Then watch as she walks around clucking to call all eight chicks back to her. We could hear the worry in her clucks and then the happy loving sounds she made as they showed up one by one. They excitedly peeped their version of the adventure. Yes, I live in my own "magic kingdom".

7 comments:

landismom said...

Yeah, we're about to go to Florida to visit my mom (she's south of Orlando), and she strongly advised me against visiting Disney--she said it's just too much for a three-year-old in the summer, because it's so crowded. We'll be doing Cypress Gardens instead.

Anonymous said...

funny, I was just thinking about this after the post on vacations at jo(e)'s.

I do like cities, having lived in NYC and loved it. But Disneyland is not a city, it's a kind of rat race that is very crowded and unpleasant, especially with little kids.

When we were in Florida with CB when she was two we hit a number of low-key places, including a petting farm that was just perfect for little kids. Very relaxed, laid back, with lots of cool animals that the little kids could walk up to and pet and even pick up.

Elise said...

My 13 year old definitely got the most enjoyment out of the trip so it is true that its not so great for little kids. Sea World's pretty fun but I'm not sure if its good enough for a three year old. I just keep on thinking about when I will have enough enthusiasm to go back and use the rest of our nonexpiring tickets.

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my country music chords and lyrics site.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »