Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I'VE BEEN SUCKED IN AGAIN!

Before I had my first kid I found out that I had a pituitary tumor. Then after my second kid was born, I went into the hospital and had that tumor removed. When all this happened I felt sucked into a never ending medical mish mash. (I paused in my typing for quite some time to come up with THAT term!) Recently, I've had some "womanly troubles". Okay, okay, my periods are coming more frequently and I've been getting migraine headaches with them. Since the tumor messed up my period and headaches are a symptom of pituitary tumors I immediately was concerned. I contacted my neurosurgeon who removed the tumor and he recommended an MRI and blood tests and a visit to my endocrinologist. I hated my endocrinologist. So my plan was to go to my gynecologist and have a check-up and convince him to give me the orders for the MRI and blood tests. Instead he did a PAP smear and ordered a mammogram and a pelvic sonogram. The sonogram is for the fibroid tumor(s) he thinks I have. Sigh. He wouldn't give me migraine medication until I see an endocrinologist to check for the return of the pituitary tumor. Sigh. So, after one appointment with the gyno, I have three new appointments. And at the end of those three appointments I still won't know if the pituitary tumor has returned. That will require more appointments. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to my next migraine.

What a medical MISH MASH...sigh.

3 comments:

landismom said...

Ugh! Sounds painful. Hope you are able to figure it out soon, and that it's something that is not serious.

cyndy said...

ummm...ain't that just the way it goes...medical mish mash is a good term for it....seems the more doc's you have stirring the soup makes for a bigger mish mash...here's wishing it all turns out ok asap for you...

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»