Friday, May 19, 2006

ARTISTS

I think everyone has a creative side. Everyone has a bit of artist in them. I have to admit though, that I used to think that really artistic people were pretending to be that way. Pretending to see things that we don't see. Pretending to like things that we could give a hoot about. Sarah has opened my eyes. I've realized for awhile now that she has an artistic personality. She is very talented when it comes to creating artwork and can draw really well for a 9 year old but its more than that. She is constantly talking to me about things that are, well, artistic. Or at least things that I had always perceived as artistic. You know, those people pretending to be that way?! The other day she told me that she wanted to draw ordinary things. Things that other people wouldn't think were important enough to draw. "Like that post right there. No one would want to draw that post. I want to draw nothing." She sees things that others don't. She observes and absorbs like a sponge. If we eat at a seafood restaurant she wants to play with the lobster shell. She moves it around and watches how it works. Staring at it intently. Seeing every minute detail.

At 9 years old, I can safely say that she hasn't read how to act like an artist. She is just being herself. I love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! State farm auto insurance premium refund Water in hot tub filter Dreamweaver waterbed