Thursday, August 18, 2005

HEARTBURN CURE

When I was pregnant with my second child a woman in the checkout line at the grocery store gave me a weird cure for heartburn. You know that kind that really burns you in the center of your chest?! She told me to get a cup of hot water, as hot as you can stand it and drink it right down as quickly as you can. Since I was pregnant and didn't want to be taking medications, I tried it and for me it worked. I just used hot water from the tap. Sometimes I have to do it twice and I think once I had to do it three times but it has always worked even on the worse heartburn. I usually hesitate telling people because I always thought it was such a weird thing and no one would believe it would work. I am writing it today because I just had a chance to try it with my 11 year old daughter. She threw up yesterday a few times and today she had heartburn, probably everything is irritated. I of course didn't have the water as hot as it would be for me and she used only about 4 ounces of water, but after only two tries her heartburn was almost gone. She said hot water tastes yucky so didn't want to try that third time.

For me this cure actually works better than any medication. I'm always amazed that I can be in a lot of pain and it really makes it go away almost immediately. I only get heartburn occasionally and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with chronic heartburn - you should see a doctor.

If you happen upon my blog and actually try this and it works for you, PLEASE let me know by commenting because I am really curious if it would work for others.

No comments: