Saturday, March 03, 2007

BURGERS, YUM!

Yesterday I had some watermelon and commented to Erin that it reminded me of summer. She heartily agreed and said "we should have burgers". Thinking that was a good idea I bought the hamburger meat later that day. It had been raining and cold, one of those harsh March kind of rains but then by the end of the day the sun was shining and it was warm enough to go out wearing just a sweatshirt. A perfect day for burgers! I fired up the grill and laid those burgers on! My husband drove up from work and as he got out of the truck his nose was greeted with the aroma of burger smoke. He didn't know it was our grill and was thrilled when he saw what I was cooking. Yum! Everyone chowed down and loved them. Well....everyone except Erin, who commented "I wasn't in the mood for that". I just sat and stared at her, she stared back. I said "What? Are you kidding me? It was your idea!" She said "I just said we should have them sometime." Kids are so funny like that.

2 comments:

Judy said...

LOL Sounds just like my daughter! Do they get lessons
somewhere? The burgers sound great, might have to have some of them tonight. The man does the grilling because his grill is his baby...which would mean he would be doing dinner tonight...I am loving this idea!

Anonymous said...

oooh grilled burgers sound good its still a little bit to cold and windy for that sort of thing.