Wednesday, March 28, 2007

NICHE, OR NICH?

Have you ever noticed that people love to fit into a niche? There's all sorts of niche's. Some people like to fit in a niche that has a lot of people in it, like the soccer mom niche. Some find comfort in the niche that makes them feel smart like the brainy niche. Other's want to feel athletic and squeeze themself into the super jock niche. I find it bizarre that there is even a niche for people who think they are "unique" because being unique is so anti-niche. These unique niches include the wild and crazy people niche, the gothic teenagers niche and the earthy people niche. Then we have the battle of the niches, like the stay at home mom niche and the working mom niche. Breastfeeding versus bottlefeeding. The liberals and conservatives. Cat people versus dog people.

I have to be honest with you, I don't like niches and the thing that I like the least is how it is spelled. What is that "e" doing at the end anyway?

My dilemma is that since I hate niches, what niche do I want to fit into? You may wonder why I'm even asking this. Afterall, if I don't like niches, why would I want to fit into one? Because it actually sickens me to think that someone else may put me unwillingly into a niche that I don't want to be in. I'm actually starting to feel a little panicked. What if someone has already niched me!?! I don't want to be in any niche! I have no choice though, if I don't put myself in a niche, someone else will! Therefore, let it be known, I am hereby declaring myself the first member of the nich of people who want to spell nich without an "e"! Anyone care to join me? I'll warn you, sign up soon because membership will be limited. If we get too many members, it will be too much like a niche and not a nich. I will be the dictator of the nich and the only rule will be that members will always spell nich without an "e".

No comments: