Friday, July 29, 2005

ANOTHER DOG STORY

We went on our yearly camping trip to Knoebel's Campground and amusement park. We left monday. Tom left at 10:00 am with the kids and camper. I left later. Why you might ask? I had to stay home to let the dog's stomach recover from his night of digestive distress. Have you ever had the early morning joy of coming down stairs to the sight of 12 piles of nasty looking dog puke? At least I think it was puke. It may have been something from the other end, it smelled bad enough! It may have been a combination of the two ends. All I know is that I couldn't yell at the poor pathetic dog that was huddled by the front door in the only spot that wasn't covered in grossness. Three rolls of paper towels later I realized that I would also need to steam clean the carpet in two of the infected areas...the other two rooms were wood and linoleum. The pee that he released was the easy part. Not sure if he peed himself out of fear that he was in trouble for the other mess or if he was just having a total breakdown of his bodily functions. Sigh. I cleaned the mess, did my steam cleaning and stayed home with him until I was pretty certain that a road trip would not cause a relapse. I wish I had a picture of my expression coming down those stairs in the morning...

No comments: